Laser Hair Removal for Darker Skin Tones in Delhi: Special Considerations
- Posted by Dermaworld
- 30 June 2023
- Laser Hair Reduction
Laser hair removal is one of the breakthrough procedures for the removal of undesirable hair on the face or body. It is the most sought-after hair removal method in India, especially in Delhi at Dermaworld Skin and Hair Clinics.
Laser hair removal in Delhi at Dermaworld Skin and Hair Clinics makes use of specifically designed laser machines/devices to target undesirable, stubborn hair on any facial or body site, except around the eyes. Patients who are considering laser hair removal just need to lie back and relax while a laser practitioner under the supervision of a dermatologist performs the procedure.
Laser hair removal is most effective for people with a contrast in their skin and hair colour- fair skin with dark, coarse hair. That’s because both hair and skin colour are determined by the amount of melanin present. Melanin is a coloured pigment responsible for imparting natural colour to the skin and hair. For selective photothermolysis of undesirable hair, the melanin of the hair needs to absorb all the heat energy and not the melanin of the skin. Lasers work to remove actively growing hair by heat damaging the hair without harming the skin of the treatment site.
Have a dark skin tone and are not sure whether getting laser hair removal in Delhi at Dermaworld Skin and Hair Clinics is right for you? Keep reading to get answers to frequently asked queries.
How does Laser Hair Removal Work?
The laser emits a beam of light of specific wavelengths. The laser light generates thermal energy that passes through the skin layers to be absorbed by the melanin present in the targeted hair follicles. The heat generated from the laser causes damage to the targeted hair from the very roots down to the hair follicles. This results in stunted hair growth in the treated area and significant reduction of undesirable hair and sometimes its complete removal.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe for Dark Skin Tones?
Earlier, the laser hair removal technique was found to be ineffective at removing hair on darker skin tones. It was said to be unsafe because of greater chances of heat damage to the skin instead of the targeted unwanted hair. But, thanks to advancements in laser technology and growing demand for inclusivity, there are now some exceptionally effective and safe laser hair removal options for removing hair on darker skin tones. However, more laser hair removal sessions (usually 8-12) may be needed to attain desired outcomes for darker skin tones. Dermaworld Skin and Hair Clinics offers Soprano Ice Platinum (Alexandrite, Diode, ND YAG) Technology that is safe treatment for laser hair removal for all types of skin tone. All technicians are qualified to perform laser treatments, and all skin types are treated safely.
Which laser hair removal machine is best for dark-skinned people?
The Soprano Ice Platinum has the Alexandrite, Diode, and ND YAG Technology. For darker skin tones Diode, and ND YAG are available advanced laser technologies that can help target the melanin in the hair follicles and bypass the epidermal melanin. These include:
- ND: YAG laser- This is a non-ablative type of laser that is safe to use on Fitzpatrick skin types 4-6 (olive to dark brown/black). When the light of wavelength 1064 nm from ND: YAG laser is pulsed over the target area it does not affect the melanin of the skin and only heat the hair follicles slightly. The absorption of laser light by the melanin is poor. The ND: YAG laser light is focused on the haemoglobin present in the blood vessels supplying blood to the targeted hair follicles. Thus, the skin and tissues surrounding the targeted hair follicles remain safe.
- Diode laser- This is another non-ablative laser that is safe for the removal of unwanted hair in people having darker skin tones. It emits light of wavelength 810 nm to target melanin in the hair follicles that carry out their selective photothermolysis. It can offer the deepest penetration level and superior melanin absorption and so is effective and safe for hair removal on all skin types.
A dermatologist in Delhi or a licensed healthcare practitioner at Dermaworld Skin and Hair Clinics can help determine which laser hair removal treatment will suit you.
Is laser hair removal painful for dark skin?
It depends upon the patient’s pain tolerance level. For most people, it feels like a warm pin-prick sensation or like a hot rubber band snapped against the skin when laser pulses come into skin contact. Initially, the discomfort is more because of thick hair absorbing a lot of heat. Further laser removal sessions are more comforting. To ensure comfort throughout the treatment, the practitioner first does a patch test to find the laser setting comfortable for starting treatment and may use a numbing cream. The advanced lasers come with in-built cooling technology and can be complemented with other pain relieving methods to ensure effective and comforting treatment.
What are the advantages of undergoing laser hair removal treatment?
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
There are lot many benefits of laser hair removal, including but not confined to the following:
- No ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and irritated skin resulting in dark spots
- Speedy, safe, and convenient procedure and precise results
- Saves patients money and time in the long run as there is no need for monthly hair removal treatments as required with conventional options like shaving and waxing
- Eliminates uncomfortable or tedious traditional hair removal methods like waxing or shaving
- Destroys hair follicles and provides the closest, silky-smooth hair-free skin
- Yields long-lasting and sometimes permanent results.
Visit Dermaworld Skin and Hair Clinic for Affordable Laser hair removal in Delhi
Dermaworld Skin and Hair Clinics specialises in safe and effective laser hair removal services in Delhi. Consult our experts by booking an appointment today and to learn more about laser hair removal cost in Delhi!
Dermaworld Skin and Hair Clinics, the best laser hair removal clinic in Delhi, has the most advanced laser technology available and has laser treatment for all skin types. If one wants to learn more on this technology to gain its benefits, they can visit Dermaworld Skin and Hair Clinics.