10 Do's and Don'ts After Laser Hair Removal
- Posted by Dermaworld
- 06 May 2021
- Laser Hair Reduction
The laser hair removal treatment uses focused energy from laser light that damages the pigment of the hair follicles, and this helps prevent future hair growth. The results provided by lasers are also long-lasting compared to the temporary results obtained by waxing, shaving, or threading. Using lasers also helps to avoid the horror of getting ingrown hair or the fear of getting thicker and darker hair returning. During the laser treatment, a broad spectrum of light is emitted on the skin surface, and this further penetrates into the hair shaft. The light is absorbed, and the hair root is heated and destroyed.
Many people experience no adverse effect after the procedure, and one can get a little bit of sensitivity, and best practices ensure safe results and minimum risk of side effects. After the treatment for the first few hours, the patient feels they have mildly sunburned skin. The hair will not fall out immediately during treatment and will shed following a few weeks. So after laser treatment sessions, the patient must follow proper aftercare to ensure the best results.
Dermaworld Skin & Hair Clinics is a world-class center in providing laser and aesthetic skincare treatments. Best Laser Hair Removal Treatment in Delhi is provided following "Gold Standard Technology” at Dermaworld Skin & Hair Clinics. Skin is the more important organ, and no one would like to compromise on quality and safety. For safe laser treatment, one should consult with laser doctors at Dermaworld Skin & Hair Clinics for getting the best Laser hair removal experience in Delhi.
To limit the risk of unwanted side effects after the laser hair removal technique, read the following tips on what to do after the treatment to get safe results. Make sure to follow these tips following your laser hair removal treatment session for the best results. Aftercare that needs to be done after laser hair removal procedure:
- Avoid direct contact of sunlight with the skin and apply sunscreen for about 7-10 days after the procedure. A sunscreen of SPF 30 or 50 should be applied whenever exposure to the sun is unavoidable. UV exposure can irritate the treated skin and complicate the hair removal process.
- After the laser hair removal, the patient might feel some minor discomfort, like a mild sunburn. The area can also become red and swollen. The swelling can be managed by applying ice packs and aloe vera, which reduces discomfort and pain by soothing the skin.
- Avoid the application of topical tanning products for 7-10 days as they can damage and harm the skin. The chemicals present in the products can cause more damage to the skin.
- A hot bath can burn the skin and can cause blistering. It is a good idea to take a cool shower after getting the laser treatment in summers. In winters, one must take lukewarm showers for the first week after the laser treatment. This will help maintain the skin balance and help reduce swelling and redness.
- For 1-2 days after the treatment, avoid all types of heat like hot showers, sunbathing, hot temperature, steam rooms, and exercise. Excess heat can lead to change in skin texture, irritation, infection, and discoloration. Tanning beds must be avoided because they can lead to scarring or permanent pigmentation. Raising the body's temperature by performing an exercise can irritate the treated area with lasers.
- The skin will feel extremely dry after the laser hair removal treatment. The patient must use a non-comedogenic mild moisturizer that will keep the pores clear and promote healing.
- One can continue shaving the hair growth after the session but must avoid plucking, waxing, and threading if they need to remove hair between treatments.
- Gentle exfoliation can be done on the treated area 2-4 times using a washcloth and scrub wash. This minimizes the risk of ingrown hair. After assembling the washcloth and scrub wash, just wipe over the treated area in circular motion. This will accelerate the shedding and also prepare the skin for the next laser session.
- Avoid applying retin-oi-ds for up to one week after the laser hair removal treatment. One can use a gentle cleanser and moisturizing lotion to soothe the skin. The skin will become very sensitive during the healing process, and using over the contour beauty products can irritate the skin.
- Avoid going for treatment like chemical peels, microdermabrasion, skin resurfacing, and dermal fillers between the laser hair removal sessions. The patient must avoid using perfumes or deodorants for 2-3 days after the treatment. The chemicals can damage and irritate the skin. Harsh soaps and shaving gels may cause the skin to dry out. So, apply moisturizer after the session.
The hair follicles grow on separate growth cycles, and it is normal to experience some patchy regrowth, so multiple sessions are recommended for getting the desired results. The patient must go for 3-8 sessions to achieve the final results. The patient must attend the follow-up and maintenance sessions as directed by the doctor on time.
If a blister appears, contact the doctor or apply an antibiotic ointment to the area until healed. One must follow the guidelines between sessions to ensure that the skin stays healthy.
For more information about the Full Body Laser Hair Removal in Delhi, make a visit at Dermaworld Skin & Hair Clinics.
- Laser Hair Removal Side Effects: Is it Safe? Is it Painful?
- Laser Hair Removal Treatment: Benefits, Procedure, Tips and More
- 10 Do's and Don'ts After Laser Hair Removal
- Frequently Asked Questions About Laser Hair Reduction Treatment
- Why is Laser Hair Removal Treatment more Popular than Electrolysis?
Book Your Appointment Now!
- Posted by Dermaworld
- 08 September 2021
Laser hair removal in Delhi is a popular cosmetic treatment among people who want to get rid of unwanted body hair. Lasers work by stopping the hair follicles from growing new hair and make the skin smoother and softer.
- Posted by Dermaworld
- 27 July 2021
Laser hair removal is a non-invasive (non-surgical) procedure to remove undesirable hair from the face and body. It works by directing pulses of highly concentrated light of a single wavelength into the hair follicles, which are in the new growth or anagen phase.
- Posted by Dermaworld
- 03 March 2021
Laser hair reduction is a popular hair reduction treatment among men and women. Traditional methods of hair removal cause frustration, pain, and especially regrowth of the hair. To maintain the continuity of results, the traditional hair removal...